It’s our last episode of the year. We’re getting geeky and nostalgic – checking our predictions from last year and talking tech and social media predictions for 2017, with the local nerds that use it on AwesomeCast 329!
- We’re LIVE with our year-end Christmas show with Doug Derda and Cynthia Closkey, talking about our awesome things of the year on this week’s episode.
– Sling and cordcutting were our awesome things of the year for 2015 as we reflected back last year.
– Meerkat? Wow!
– Cynthia is sharing her awesome thing of the year for 2016 – her smart watch (Apple Watch) and wearables in general.
– Sorg is sharing his woes over the Pebble buyout in comparison to the Apple Watch.
– Doug is pitching a Kickstarter campaign for a Kickstarter movie talking about Kickstarter campaigns.
– Google Glass is still a discussion at the end of 2016.
– Wheelz is sharing his awesome thing of the year – his Samsung phone.
– Doug is sharing Facebook LIVE as his awesome thing of the year and how interesting instacontent is.
– Speaking of bleeding edge tech – we can’t help but talk about iJustine and how she was livestreaming a decade ago.
– How do you stand out in a tidal wave of content now that instacontent is so available?
– Are people looking at instacontent for content or for interaction with other people?
– Doug is teaching us about the Musically app through his son’s usage.
– Sorg’s awesome thing of the year is self-driving cars – especially since he’s been in one!
– Speaking of self-driving cars, studies show traffic would be better with less traffic lights.
- It’s 2016 prediction recap time!
— Doug was WRONG with his prediction about online superstardom.
— Cynthia is recapping her accurate mom factor prediction about streaming programming.
— AI advancement prediction by Chilla is ACCURATE! (You can thank Alexa, Sir.)
— DJ Lunchbox’s iPhone7 prediction – ACCURATE! (WTH headphone jacks?)
— Technology to communicate with pets. Sorry Katie, we’re not sure whether Catterbox counts this year.
- Apple’s biggest innovation – a phone that doesn’t explode!
- Predictions for 2017!
— Doug predicts Google+ will finally die.
— Sorg thinks Twitter will not be an independent company by the end of 2017. Will it go to Verizon?
— Cynthia thinks VR video will not be a thing next year, as in it’s not going anywhere, and we won’t know why. She doesn’t believe it will get past Cardboard and it’ll be at least another 3 years before we see any solid movement with VR.
— Rizz predicts the Nintendo Switch will revolutionize gaming
- Thanks for a great (at least by way of tech) 2016! Make sure to hit us up with what tech Santa brought you!
After the show remember to:
Eat at Slice on Broadway if you are in the Pittsburgh area! It is Awesome! (sliceonbroadway.com)
Follow these awesome people on Twitter: Doug Derda (@douglasderda), Cynthia Closkey (@cynthiacloskey) and Mike Sorg (, SorgatronMedia.com).
You can support the show at Patreon.com/awesomecast !
Also, check out sorgatronmedia.com and awesomecast.net for more entertainment; and view us livestreaming Tuesdays around 7:00 PM EST!